Welcome to the Fairfield Migrant Resource Centre
The Fairfield Migrant Resource Centre (FMRC) is a service of Cabramatta Community Centre (CCC) whose values are embodied in human rights and social justice principles. FMRC develops and provides a range of services to newly arrived migrants, humanitarian entrants and refugees. We celebrate diversity and work in partnership with our community and other organisations to work towards realising our vision. We have been serving the Fairfield Local Government Area since 1986 and continue to work with and advocate for our community.
FMRC strives to improve people's access to services and quality of life, address special settlement needs and help nurture people's potential, skills, and the confidence that can enable them to be active and productive members of a multicultural Australian society.
Our services include:
- Advocacy and policy work.
- Employment, education and training support.
- Housing support services.
- Domestic violence and family support services.
- Settlement and support services for refugees, humanitarian entrants and newly arrived migrants.
- Electricity bill assistance for residents of the Fairfield LGA as part of the Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme funded by the NSW Department of Resources, Industry & Energy.
We are proud to announce that as of July 2015, Cabramatta Community Centre became a part of the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP), a consortium consisting of 22 member organisations.
To view the announcement, please click here.